One of the most popular and functional trading terminals available to retail traders is Metatrader 4. Not only professionals, but also beginners of the finance world can easily conduct foreign currency transactions on this platform.
The brokerage company Olymp Trade has made working with the fourth version of the famous terminal available free of charge for each of its clients. It will be enough for new traders to register and issue an account.
MT4 versions for working with Olymp Trade
A full version of the Metatrade 4 platform must be downloaded – this is an application compatible with PCs running Windows and macOS.
Options with limited functionality:
We recommend you to download a mobile program.
Getting Started with Metatrader 4 – Walkthrough for Beginners
To gain access to the capabilities of the Metatrader 4 trading terminal on the Olymp Trade broker website, you must:
- On metatrader.olymptrade.com, log in using the credentials from your Olymp Trade account. In the absence of registration with a broker, you must register in advance.
- Choose the type of account (real, demo), and its type – ECN (with a narrow market spread, but a small transaction fee) or Standard (with a spread, but no commission fee). The SWAP Free option allows you to replace SWAP with a fixed fee.
- Create a password, click on the “Open an account” button.
After that, the system will provide data for entering Metatrader 4. Remember or write them down. In some cases, for example, after clearing the cache, you will have to log in again.
On the broker’s website, access to the MT4 browser version is provided after clicking on “Open the Metatrader 4 WebPlatform”.
Setting up a trading terminal
After authorization in the terminal, click on “Recharge”. You will see a web page with available deposit options. It is proposed to deposit money into the balance:
- By credit card Visa, Mastercard;
- Via WebMoney, Neteller, Skrill, etc.
After clicking on “Recharge”, the platform will redirect to the page of the corresponding payment system.
Next, configure the working window by setting the basic financial instrument (the asset will be displayed in the main working area of the terminal):
- At the top of the menu, click on “File”, after “New chart”;
- Set up so that the list of base MT4 currency pairs is reflected in the block with a general market overview;
- Choose a base currency pair – a financial instrument that will become your main one. Drag the asset to the main window.
After that, you can observe the schedule of the main asset in the working window.
The indicators are added through the “Indicators” subsection in the “Insert” menu. Available indicators are grouped by type – custom, Bill Williams, volume, oscillators, trend.
Any settings in Metatrader 4 must be saved (graphical tools, indicators, parameters) through the “Templates” subsection. There can be many templates – you can work with them both from a PC in a browser or through a mobile application.
MT4 Trading at Olymp Trade
Key conditions of Olymp Trade for trading through the Metatrader 4 platform:
- Leverage for working with currency pairs (maximum for the company) – 1: 400;
- Leverage for trading metals 1:50;
- Leverage for trading in other financial instruments – 1:30;
- Minimum transaction volume – 0.01 lots;
- The number of available assets of various types – 67 units;
- The minimum amount of replenishment and withdrawal is 10 dollars (10 euros, 350 rubles).
You can work with metals, indices, currency pairs. Both traditional instruments, such as pounds of Britain or the yen of Japan, and rare assets, such as European stock indexes, are available. You can view the list by clicking:
- Ctrl and U at the same time (“Symbols”);
- Ctrl and M at the same time (“Market Watch”).
- MT4 terminal provides additional trading opportunities. You can follow several charts at the same time, use different types of orders, work with robots.
Opening and closing deals
Clicking on “One click trading” will open a transaction at market value. The position volumes in lots are set, then it is necessary to determine the type of operation – click on “Buy” or on “Sell”.
The transaction is completed through the “Terminal” window under the charts. Near the result of the transaction, click on “X”.